The Council for the Arts of Herndon is the Town of Herndon’s officially designated local arts agency.
CAH is a private, not-for-profit charitable organization supported by citizens, businesses and the public sector including the Town of Herndon and the Arts Council of Fairfax County.
CAH creates opportunities for local artists to showcase their talents, provides local arts programming, fosters the development of artists and audiences, and improves opportunities for people who have limited access to the arts to participate in activities.
CAH reaches out, beyond the walls of museums and theatres to put the arts in the places where we live, work and play. It is the Council’s charge to provide opportunities to share cultural diversities through art. It is also the mission of the Council to help nurture our future artists, promote our current ones, and bring out the talents in all of us.
Our Mission is to promote an appreciation and support of and interest in the arts and to provide high quality arts programs in the greater Herndon area.
- To provide arts scholarship support to Herndon-area students
- To increase and improve opportunities for artists to perform and exhibit.
- To improve arts education programs
- To improve access to the arts for special populations.
- To increase financial support for the arts.
- To support high quality community arts programs.
- To increase awareness of the arts.
- To maintain careful stewardship of the Arts Council’s resources for the purpose of serving the Herndon-area community.